An FM Synthesis VSTi For The Creation Of Microtonal and Xenharmonic Music
Xenharmonic FMTS is a 4 Operator FM Synthesis VSTi with a specialized set of features for musicians interested in exploring the expressive possibilities of microtonal and xenharmonic music making.
Internally loads and externally receives both MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) Bulk Dump and Single Note Microtuning Files.
Operator ratios can easily be set to values that are coincident with the microtuning being used, thereby producing tuning related FM sidebands in the timbre of the instrument.
Isoharmonic spacing of the operator ratios.
Precise values may be set for microtonal pitch-bends.
Arbitrary microtonal period shifting makes it possible to pitch transpose in both octave and non-octave increments.
- 4 Operator FM Synthesis with Ring-Modulation.
- 57 Operator Algorithms.
- 11 different Operator Waveforms.
Phase & Pulse-Width Oscillator
- 22 Waveforms.
- Phase & Pulse-Width LFO Modulation.
- 6 independent Envelope Generators dedicated to modulating Operators A-D, Filters and VCA.
- Velocity sensitive.
- Keyboard tracking.
- 2 State Variable Filters with 12 and 24 dB response.
- Cutoff frequencies modulated by Velocity, Envelope Generator, LFO and Keyboard Tracking.
- Low Frequency Oscillators can be set to modulate the cutoff frequencies of the filters at audio rates, thereby producing sidebands in the signal.
- Saturator for subtle to extreme distortion.
- 6 dB LPF Warm Filter.
- 4-Voice Stereo Ensemble Detuner.
This VSTi is a gift to the xenharmonic and microtonal community, as well as to musicians and composers who are interested in exploring the exciting possibilities of microtuning in their music. It is being offered as freeware and can be downloaded here:
As of February 2014, the Xenharmonic FMTS 1.1 VSTi has been superseded by the new: